Happy BirthDay, Quake!
[email protected] is a heavily modified Quake2 port. Mainly modified was renderer, also changed game code, client and server. Squished a lot of bugs. Engine uses own net-protocol, but old Quake2 protocol is fully supports (some new features will not work with Q2 protocol).
The most basic features:
- multy renderer: 7 per-pixel lighting (PPL) and 1 simple render path;
- shadow volumes;
- bump mapping, parallax mapping, specular mapping, detailed bump mapping;
- editable vertex and fragment programs;
- hires textures, image formats: TGA, PNG, JPG, DDS, PCX, WAL;
- 2-level texture override, full re-texture pak available on official site;
- editable texture effects: chrome, image mapping, power, glow styles, distort;
- editable surface properties: footstep and hit sounds, debris models, hit decals;
- editable model properties;
- mirrors on walls and water surfaces;
- layered fog;
- decal system, marks static and brush models;
- improved particle system, linking to alias models (monsters, items, etc…);
- dynamic lights, linking to brush and alias models;
- sun and lens flares, auto-flares for glow surfaces;
- underwater caustics;
- multisampling for anti-aliasnig;
- fullscreen effects: pain, underwater, mask, etc…
- md2, md3, ase, sp2, sp3 (own format) support, iqm models in future;
- re-light system, in-game editor, full Quake2 re-light pak available on official site;
- client-side models (brass shells, debrises, gibs);
- personal gibs;
- game modifications: fast rockets (like Quake), haste mode (double speed shuting), predator mod, monster respawn, drop backpack after die (like Quake), explosion knockback control, double jumps (like Unreal), etc…;
- flashlights, invisibility item, flyQbe bot;
- own savegame system for eliminate bug “Savegame from an older version.”;
- renderer state saving with savegame: decals, particles, gibs, debrises, etc…;
- optimized network protocol: packet compression, improved deltas, partial userinfo transfers, etc;
- large maps support: map size expanded from 8192 to 32768 units;
- anticheat system by R1CH support;
- ogg vorbis and wav sound tracks, situation tracks;
- 2d/3d scales hud;
- hires font, colored console chars;
- improved cvar and command system, autocompletion;
- new mouse code by Willow;
- cpu control: affinity and task priority;
- and many many other….
Official site: http://berserker.quakegate.ru/
Linux port: https://github.com/UCyborg/BerserkerQuake2 Thanx UCyborg!
ATex – Art designer
[RWT]DOOMer – Hosting for http://berserker.quakegate.ru
Kirk Barnes & KriGSSv1N – cooperation (Quake2XP).
Jim and Chris Waurzyniak – full hi-res textures/skins collection (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/q2).
Quake II Retexture Portal).
Stannum’s Quake2 Retexture Project).
Quake Retexturing Project).
Quake2maX hi-res textures).
Matt “Lunaran” Breit – Textures/NormalMaps and etc.
Textures, normalMaps, etc.).
Turic – hi-poly models (http://CTPEJIOK22.deviantart.com).
Generation Arena and Paril – static models (http://parilsprojects.org).
CombatEnforcer – images for light filters.
Kjell Andersson and Mathias Bergvall – Caustics Generator v1.4.
QuakeGuy head hud-model from Moo, slightly edited by OoPpEe.
Quake developers forum.
Richard \R1CH\ Stanway – r1ch.net.
Richard \R1CH\ Stanway – Anticheat.
Knightmare – kmq2 project.
D_R_ – Personal monster’s gibs and debris models.
Serge \V_2540\ Shabrov, D_R_, Smich, Enf0rcer – beta testing.
tigrik2017 – Sound tracks.
samolahajnar – new super shotgun и machine gun.
UCyborg – Linux port.
Special thanks for Serge \V_2540\ Shabrov for given hardware.