There are 3 mods based on idTech3 engines:
- [email protected] – based on Quake3 1.32b,
- [email protected]_mme – based on Quake3mme (Movie Maker Edition),
- [email protected] – based on RTCW-SP.
Main feature of these mods is Per-Pixel-Lighting (PPL) renderer, which based on Deferred Lighting aka Light Pre-Pass Deferred Rendering.
There are 3 render paths:
- Classic renderer,
- Fake PPL renderer,
- True PPL renderer.
All render paths uses GLSL vertex and fragment programs, vertex processing moved from CPU to GPU side, so minimal Video Chip is GF8-class or ATI analog. Renderer works on OpenGL version 3 or newer, all deprecated functionality was removed. Almost all of the geometry, including md3 animation, stored in the static Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO).
All mods are full compatible with Q3/RTCW qvm/dll modules, net-protocol, demos, material/shader system.
Fake PPL renderer:
True PPL renderer:
Classic renderer uses lightmaps only.
Both of PPL renderers uses lightmaps as ambient lighting and shadow mapping for light-entities.
Sun light shadows is a CSM (cascaded shadow mapping), four cascades.
Two kinds of parallax technologies can be used:
- linear step parallax mapping
- cone step mapping (CSM)
Advanced material system
- Increased number of stages: from 8 to 256 (like a Doom3),
- Unused stages are not eat the RAM,
- Conditional stages, if token,
- Math expressions for most shader and stage parameters,
- Full compatibility with old Quake3 shader system,
- New vertex deformation tokens: sprite, tube, flare, expand, alphaTest, colored, etc.,
- Material templates: guides,
- Light materials, maximum 4 stages.
Doom3 style flares
Sample of material morphing:
It’s a function set for texture modifications at the loading stage.
In-game re-light editor
You can write a demo playback into AVI file: mjpeg compression or uncompressed rgb frame, with sound.
Able to run compressor on separate thread. Output AVI file can have any width/height sizes and any fps playback.
Http automatic map download
If requested map missed on the computer, program can find the map in defined Internet site, http://ws.q3df.org by default.
Foliage system taked from q3map2 compilator, build into bsp-loader, so foliage can be add to maps without re-compilation.
Videocard/driver must support a hardware instancing.
Depth of Field:
Marks on brush models (platforms, elevators, doors, etc…)
Sun light bleeding fix
Taked from Quake3mme, is a named commands set.
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows XP,
- Dual Core CPU,
- 2 Gb system RAM,
- OpenGL 3 compatible 512 Mb video card (GF8-class or ATI analog) with 128-bit DDR3 video RAM.
Recommended system requirements:
- Windows 7 or newer,
- modern Quad Core CPU,
- 4 Gb system RAM,
- OpenGL 3 compatible 1 Gb video card with 256-bit DDR5 video RAM.
Note: These projects are not finished yet, work in progress…