TurboQ is a quick and dirty mod to spice up and juice classic Quake with gameplay alterations and added details.
Get it here:
- Most weapons have received minor changes in their behaviour, don’t expect everything to work just like in standard Quake.
- You can now slow down time by using +useslow, as long as you have something in your slowmo bar in the bottom center of the screen.
- To replenish your slowmo bar, gib enemies or their corpses.
- You can now switch weapons while they’re still reloading, you can greatly increase your damage output by being quick with your binds.
- Health and armor pickups give less to compensate for the higher damage output and slowmo.
- Handy helpful features like damage numbers and damage indicators.
Notes for players:
- Set up ‘turboq’ directory like any other mod directory.
- You need to use the FTEQW engine , no other engine will do.
- Use “<fte exectuable> -game turboq” to run the game.
- Use “-nohome” if you want configs/screenshots/whatever to appear in the game dir.
- Make sure you have “+useslow” bound to a key, if not, csprogs will bind it for you on lshift.
- Make sure “r_bloom” value is > 0 in order to get the visual effect for slowmo to look right, “r_bloom 0.01” works for example.
- It’s a good idea to bind weapon keys closer to your movement keys, like using keys around WSAD instead of numbers 5-8, you can rebind them with ‘bind <newkey> “impulse <weaponnumber>”‘.